TAMILNADU TRANSMISSION CORPORATION LTD
(Subsidary of TNEB LTD)
- The backing down of wind and solar generation is done after giving instructions to all thermal generators for backing down upto technical limits.
- The following are relavent regulatory clauses for backing down.
- Compendium of CERC(DSM Regulations) clause 7.1 The over drawl/Under drawl by any buyer shall not exceed 250 MW for renewable rich state.
- Compendium of CERC(IEGC) Regulations clause 5.4.2(a) SLDC/SEB/Discom shall intiate action to restrict the drawl of its control area, from the Grid within the drawl schedule.
- Compendium of CERC(IEGC) Regulations clause 5.2.(m) all SEBs,SLDCs,RLDCs and NLDC shall take all possible measures to ensure that Grid frequency remains within (49.90 Hz-50.05 Hz) the band.
Following are the instructions issued from SLDC for curtailment of wind & solar generation with written justification.